In honor of Valentine’s Day and after being inspired by Lauren Conrad’s post of her top 10 favorite chick flick movies, I thought it would be fun to share my 5 Faves when it comes to romantic chick flicks! One glance at my movie collection someone may come to the conclusion that a: a girl lives here or b: a child, it’s definitely a fair mix of romantic comedies and disney movies. I’m not ashamed to admit it, not even a little bit!
1. The Notebook – This is a classic chick movie, makes me cry every single time. It is on my list of favorite movies period – Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams are incredibly talented actors and make you fall in love from their first moment together. The clip below is my absolute FAVORITE scene in the entire movie…. love love love
2. The Holiday – What girl doesn’t dream of venturing off to a foreign country and meeting a gorgeous man? This is just that – if you haven’t seen this movie, get a group of your girls together, popcorn and enjoy.
3. Dear John – Nicholas Sparks is a writing genius and when his books are adapted to the big screen it’s a mystery to how it’ll turn out, this movie starring Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried is a story of falling in love with someone after 2 weeks and everything that comes after. It’s heart-wrenching and inspiring at the same time.
4. 10 Things I Hate About You – To say I was obsessed with this movie is an understatement, to this day I can still quote every single line. Hands down one of my all time favorite movies, this may have been the movie where I fell in love with Heath Ledger and Joseph Gordon Levitt – long before Batman and 500 days of summer
5. Crazy, Stupid Love AND Friends with Benefits – It’s only fair to have a current movie in my 5 faves but there is no way to choose between these too. Ryan Gosling vs. Justin Timberlake – nope, I just can’t do it! They both make me laugh out loud and fall in love with the male leads – the perfect mix for a chick flick.
Friends with Benefits
This weekend I’ll be heading off to the theaters to see The Vow with a bunch of girlfriends, hoping it’ll be added to the list of favorite movies!
*Yes I’m aware, I have a minor obsession with Channing Tatum and Ryan Gosling – as you can see by the trend in movies, but a girl can’t help it. They are on “the list” with Ryan Reynolds and a few others*